The primary mission of the Member Relations & Services team is to provide the highest and most efficient level of service to our members and customers. We are dedicated to making the membership and customer experience rewarding and seamless. We strive to offer the wide variety of information about , its offices, divisions, round tables, products and services in a member friendly, welcoming way. offers so much to library workers and the library community that we strive to make getting what our members and customers need as simple as possible.
- Operate the call center to provide support across the organization and provide general support for membership, registrations, and subscriptions.
- Manage and process applications for membership and subscriptions.
- Manage the new member welcome process and membership renewals.
- Coordinate membership recruitment campaigns to increase ’s impact on the library community.
- Coordinate outreach at and chapter/affiliate library conferences.
- Provide registration management for divisional institutes, symposiums, affiliates, and e-learning courses.
- Facilitate networking among the membership in person and through social networks.
- Cultivate member initiatives and new ways of working within the association.
- Provide staff support to the Membership Committee, Membership Promotions Task Force, Committee on Membership Meetings and Presidential Task Forces.
- Process claims for missing journals.
- Maintain the integrity of the membership database.
| Philadelphia, PA – Lounge, Networking Uncommons and Membership Booth
| Nashville, TN – Booth #845
Reaching Forward (ILA) 2020 | Rosemont/Chicago, IL
| Chicago, IL – Lounge and Membership Booth
Initiatives & Projects
- Member Value Programs (MVP). Learn about the direct benefits of membership, including discounts on products and services for yourself and your library. .
- Learn about and get the most from your membership investment.
- Find out about the ways to in through Association resources, initiatives and by meeting other members.
- Members at All Stages of a Career - from the student-to-staff transition to a full-time to retired change, keeping membership relevant to you personally at any stage in your work/life
Director, Member Relations & Services
Membership Specialist/Customer Service Team Leader
Membership Marketing & Engagement Manager
Senior Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Manager, Member & Customer Service