225 N. Michigan Ave
|Telephone/Fax: +1 312-280-3201
The mission of the International Relations Office (IRO) is to increase 's presence in the global library community, to implement policies concerning international librarianship, to promote greater understanding of international librarianship and international library issues within , and to manage international library activities on behalf of the .
Initiatives, Projects & Highlights
! - encourages U.S. libraries to form partnerships with libraries in other countries. Developing a Sister Library relationship can be a great opportunity for each library to learn about the work and lives of librarians around the world.
An Emerging Leaders Project providing access to free professional development opportunities for members around the world.
The International e-newsletter focuses on ’s international members and those interested in international issues and trends, featuring news about libraries and librarians around the world.
(Standing, Council) - IRC sets priorities in the international area, promoting a global exchange of ideas, knowledge, personnel, and literature. Committee members represent Africa, East Asia and the Pacific, Eurasia and Central Asia, Near East and South Asia, Europe and the Americas.
International Relations Round Table - IRRT is your link to . Round table members organize international programs for Conferences, sponsors international discussion lists, match sister libraries, and produce the quarterly International Leads newsletter.
International Events & Meetings
-FIL Free Pass Program - and the Guadalajara International Book Fair are partnering for the 23rd year to provide support for members to attend the 36th Guadalajara International Book Fair (FIL) from November 25 - December 3, 2023. For a list of exhibitors at the book fair, please visit the site.
- The membership number to use for your IFLA Conference registration is US-0002.
- International Associations and Organizations - List of library associations around the world.
- - The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions is the leading international body representing the interests of library and information services and their users. It is the global voice of the library and information profession.
- International Donations & Shipment of Books - If you are interested in donating books to countries overseas, there are several organizations that distribute books to other countries.
- - The Campaign for the World's Libraries is a public education campaign of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions, the 澳门六合彩开奖app and libraries around the world to speak loudly and clearly about the value of libraries and librarians in the 21st century. It is designed to showcase the unique and vital roles played by public, school, academic and special libraries worldwide. Join today!
International Resolutions - The 澳门六合彩开奖app deplores the destruction of libraries, library collections and property, and the disruption of the educational process by that act, whether it be done by individuals or groups of individuals and whether it be in the name of honest dissent, the desire to control or limit thought or ideas, or for any other purpose. ( Policy 53.7 Intellectual Freedom- Destruction of Libraries)
has replaced the old Online Communities service with , offers a virtual, collaborative, workspace online. Any member can create new communities (unofficial groups) without any staff assistance, so the site will combine association work with communities of interest in one place. .
Wikis (following pages will open in a new window)
- - This wiki is one tool that seems ideally suited to help the Executive Board and committee chairs share ideas, draft documents and collaborate without endless email exchanges. It is hoped that as members edit documents they will find this wiki a valuable forum where all can participate in a collegial atmosphere.
- - To promote the concept of a global community of libraries, the 澳门六合彩开奖app () is encouraging U.S. libraries to form partnerships with libraries in other countries.
International Discussion Lists - List of international discussion groups and listservs.
Weblogs and pictures
- Engage, Communicate, Participate!
- Take a look at some of the pictures that our members have taken throughout the years, including the International Librarians Reception and the presentation of the Presidential Innovative Awards.